Saturday, December 10, 2016

Module Two, Chapter three, part one


In chapter three, tonal effects with machine stitching was explored.  I haven't stitched with my feed dogs up and a real presser foot for a while!  It took some practice and I learned/relearned a lot.

1.  Stitched with quilting thread with a zigzag stitch, stabilizer used, varied distance between stitches, highest width and length settings
2. Stitched with quilting thread with a zigzag stitch, stabilizer used, varied stitch width, tried doing it with reverse stitch setting instead of flipping it every time.
3.  Stitched with quilting thread with a zigzag stitch, stabilizer used,varied stitch length only, didn't want to overlap as much, wanted to let stitch line density to create the tonal change.
4.  Stitched with quilting thread and stabilizer using a running stitch #3, varying width and length, it is a wavy stitch.  Realization:  It is frustrating sewing with my feed dogs and not having complete control of my sewing.  It is something I need to practice to make myself more comfortable!

No comments: