Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Module one, Chapter three, Design sheet C

Design Sheet C
I think that it took me some time to warm up to all of this small detail paper cutting. As I started seeing the great designs that could be created by the repeats, it really increased my motivation. I also started using Photoshop more to play with repeats. I could create so many variations in such a short time on the computer, and then develop only the better ideas in paper.

1 and 2) Complex Counter Change
This is one of my favorites!
3, 5, 6, and 7) Pattern with new design unit
I scanned the shape (5) into photoshop and was able to really play with it. I love #7 which is a more free form pattern. This design actually comes from the traditional japanese cherry blossom design.
4) Divide and Seperate This is only so-so.

No comments: