Monday, June 07, 2010

Stitched Design Two, Chapter Seven


I really started having fun with this piece. I used the fused fabric that had been run under the Embellisher as the bottom layer. I love the texture. I stitched this down with two strands of Splender, a stranded silk in stem stitch with the inside shapes done with backstitch as it wasn't as bulky under the top layer.

I stitched the top layer with a muted lavender linen thread in backstitch. After cutting away, I added buttonhole and french knots in the center of the yellow to pull the purple into the middle and I added the buttonhole on the outside to try and integrate the design with its background. I also added tiny french knots in Sulky gold metallic thread around the "hearts" and then wrapped the outer points with it too.

No comments: