Sunday, November 20, 2016

Module One, chapter 12, Resolved piece

This is my resolved sample for module one on Growth and Disintegration.  I think it speaks to the theme while still using several techniques from the module. The burnt Kunin felt is disintegrating, but at different rates.  The star is morphing from simple to complex.  Placing the foreground directly on the fabric created too stark a contrast so an additional layer of thread work was used to strengthen the them of disintegration.
The piece fits with the theme not just through the techniques used, but also with the idea of growth and disintegration. It has been a very trying time in the U.S. this week with the election.  While working on this piece, I was able to focus on the cycle of things.  Although this is a low period, soon it will shift to a period of hope and growth.

If I were to make it again, I would probably make it larger.  Also, I would not have used four elements,  in the original design, small petals were floating in the background.  As I was putting the resolved piece together, it looked too busy with them.



No comments: