Friday, June 24, 2016

Module One, Chapter 11 Fabric and Thread

In Image 11.12, I used a pin board to weave a star shape. Image 11.13, I used mulberry fiber which I distressed and painted and 11.14 is with lutrador which I cut with a heat tool  Of these three, I like the mulberry fiber, probably because I like creating texture.

image

image

In image 11.15, painted tyvek was used and heated with an iron, then cut apart.  I added the drawn lines to create more cohesion in the piece.  11.16 is silk fiber and angelina with water soluble.  I should have used one of my paper designs as a source, but instead I just wanted to see what it would be.  Now I can’t decide if I don’t like it because of the weak design!

FullSizeRender (3)

I really didn’t like this exercise, but I am not a huge fan of drawn work either.  Really am not using this technique!!!!

No comments: