Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Do You Believe?


One of the art groups that I belong to, Fiber Art Fusion, a contempary fiber art and quilting group, had a holiday exchange of a 5 x 7 piece of art. This was my piece. I had so much fun making it. The backgroup is painted lutrador which I burnt out the flower/star shape. Next, I fused angelina behind the lutrador to show through the holes. I spent the day at Rubber Stamp Fantasy on the Saturday before this was due. RubberStamp Fantasy is owned by one of our members Deb Taratoot (I think that is how you spell it) and her husband. Although they do have classes there, they will stop and give you a personal "lesson/demonstration" in almost any of their products. One of the things that he showed me that day was using this paste/sludge compound. It was wonderful as I love adding texture to my work. After it was dry, I colored it with soft pastels and then Shiva Paint sticks. The flowers were done using water soluable fabric and thread. The fairy is a little clay piece that I picked up years ago.
My inspiratation for this piece was my friend Rebecca's 7 year old daughter, Sarah, who is in reality a fairy princess! May her magic live on!

No comments: