Friday, October 02, 2015

Thirty sketches in thirty days - day twenty two










- What is so cool is that this is actually my twenty sixth sketch! It really is getting easier. It isn't just about getting into the habit as much as developing a system that works for me and my lifestyle. I work full time and am in my last semester of an MBA program. Between these demands and my family and dogs, I don't have a lot of downtime. The big win from committing to the thirty days is that I have worked out ways to bring it into my daily routine. Before I would go into my art room, away from everyone, and make art, but then I was away from the family and the dogs. By getting a second set of pens and a few wood less pencils and kneaded eraser, I was able to keep that and a sketchbook in the family room and sketch on my lap. The second big barrier was my nice sketchbooks that I would use. Instead I bought a cheap sketchbook. As I was only doing pencil and ink, I didn't need expensive paper. I was free to make mistakes and just draw. I soon realized that the last big barrier was deciding what to draw. Sitting on the couch at nine at night, I was too exhausted to 'be creative', so I started printing out in groups of seven or eight, pictures to sketch either from my phone, images from the Internet, or this great site called Paint my Pictures.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: