Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Angelina Vessel


I went online to the Fiber Mixed Media Group and Connie V. had posted a question about making vessels with Angelina. I had never heard of the anyone trying to do this so, of course, needed to try. Here is my first attempt. I thought that using a glass jar as a mold would work best and used this unopened jar of spicy Sicilian spagetti sauce. I cheated a bit and used fantasy film as a base, but after making it, I don't think it was necesary. At first covering it with the parchment paper was tough while holding the iron but after a few attempts, I got the hang of it.
The photo on the left is the semi-finished product! It used an entire bag of angelina! I would like to add more now in different colors and add stamped images???

1 comment:

Jules said...

You are so creative, resourceful.. I cannot think of the right adjective. I love it! I hope to see more of you in 2009!